What are some of the best social media graphic creators?
These are ones on the top of my list. Each has their perks and I recommend each for different reasons.Social media and the entire internet have become extremely visual. It is very important to have top-notch graphics.Click To Tweet
All these tools can help. Read the reviews and try them out!
Canva is an online drag-and-drop graphic design platform. It offers free access to a wide assortment of design tools and options, as well as premium options for paying customers.
- Excellent (and short) intro tutorial to get you started, and many more on advanced concepts.
- Templates for social media, blogs, presentations, posters, business cards, invitations, and more.
- Easy and intuitive to use.
- Large library of images to choose from.
- No editable chart objects. You need to import your own data visualizations as images.
- Have to pay for different image assets individually, instead of a monthly subscription.
Price: Free, but you have to pay for Pro quality design assets individually
RELAY is the fastest, easiest way to create branded visual content. Graphics That Design Themselves.
- Relay allows you to easily make attractive visuals, but it has some features that other similar apps don’t.
- You can browse layouts by style (post title, book cover, testimonial, infographics etc.), by dimensions (Pinterest, Twitter Wide, Square etc.), by the type of header you need for each social media (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.)
- You have 4 different types of advertisements (Facebook Ad, Leaderboard, Skyscraper and Medium Rectangle).
- Relay offers pre-made themes that we can use. Just click on “Themes” in the top-left corner and a list of different themes will appear.
- Automatically resizes and centers the text without us having to do anything.
PIC MONKEY: Picmonkey.com/photo-editor
PicMonkey makes creative tools for photo editing and graphic design because we want you to rock the universe. We want your images to show your creativity, your style, your spot-on brilliance.
- Easy upload process with no signup required
- It’s free or relatively cheap if you choose to upgrade
- Very easy to understand interface
- Download and sharing process is painless and simple
- Internet only use with no downloadable app
- Some of the extra features are a bit silly
- Lack of any real layering options
PABLO BY BUFFER: Pablo.Buffer.com
Pablo’s key selling point, “creating engaging social media images in under 30 seconds,” holds true when put to the test.
- With one easy click you’ll be able to share content and schedule posts via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Buffer also allows you to share and schedule on Pinterest, however it is through another app called Tailwind, which is a paid application ($9.99 per month). Buffer has integrated pinning into its platform on their paid plans.
- Buffer has Pablo, a free image creation tool that can help you create social media images for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ very quickly.
- Lets you select your default shortener as the well-known bit.ly, and also offers buff.ly and j.mp.
- The buffer extension for Chrome is also a helpful addition. The extension allows you share links, pictures and videos from wherever you are on the web. The extension also allows you to choose the single composer option or power scheduler where you can post the same thing multiple times over a specific period of time.
- Buffer analytics is useful, showing your best and worst performing posts based on engagement (which you can filter by engagement type, i.e. Retweets, favourites, replies, likes, comments, clicks), reach, and post type (image posts, link posts, text posts and your Retweets). All of this is exportable too, if you need to do any further analysis.
- It’ll help you find the best times to post and automatically time your posts to get maximum engagement.
- Clean and simple layout.
- You can integrate blog feeds to give you sources of content to post out.
- Paid plans cost from only USD$10/month
- No Instagram integration into the platform
- No monitoring tools for mentions, searches and Hashtags, so you’ll have to monitor these from another tool or through the networks themselves.
ADOBE SPARK: Spark.Adobe.com
Turn your ideas into impactful social graphics, web stories and animated videos—in minutes.
- Social Graphics-Create stunning social graphics in seconds
- Start quickly with beautiful designs
- Transform the look with themes-Turn your text and photo into a professional-looking graphic by simply applying your favorite theme. With Spark Post you don’t need design experience to create beautiful images.
- Make your text pop-Resize your text, and beautiful typography is applied on the fly. Works like magic-which is why we call it Magic Text.
- Auto-resize your designs-Need a graphic for Facebook, Pinterest or a banner for your blog? Spark Post instantly resizes your graphics so it can be just right.
- Animated videos-create compelling animated videos-in minutes – Record your voice,add photos or icons, select from Professional-quality soundtracks and cinematic motion.
OVER: OverApp in iTunes
An app available for Android and IPhone and one of the original go-to apps. Creative Typography, Graphic Design & Photo Editor
- Create things you used to need Photoshop to make.
- Make your children “talk”. 🙂
- Design professional-looking images for your Facebook page.
- Build slides for your next presentation.
- Enhance your creativity.
- Post your product details to Pinterest.
- Make your Instagram posts pop.
- Print the images for your scrapbook.
- Encourage your friends with motivational quotes.
WORD SWAG: WordSwag.co
Word Swag automatically turns your words into beautiful photo text designs.
- Create designs using a variety of backgrounds and text graphics
- Enjoy new graphic font styles thanks to the developers’ constant input
- Draw inspiration from other users on Instagram and from the Best Of gallery
- There is nothing negative to say about this app
Which social media graphic creators have you used? Which ones are your favorites? Any to add to the list?
Latest posts by Janet Johnson (see all)
- Hit the Bullseye with Facebook Ads done the Right Way – Infographic - March 9, 2017
- Pinterest Rotating Showcase Profile Design – New - December 16, 2016
- Reach your Audience using Facebook Video - December 2, 2016